Tuesday 16 May 2017

Man City's Pep Guardiola: I'd have been sacked by Barcelona or Bayern Munich!


Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he would have been sacked had he had his current season with previous clubs Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Guardiola will finish the campaign without silverware and his City side face West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday needing to avoid defeat to keep Champions League qualification in their own hands. The City boss says that the pressure to win does not compare to his time at his previous clubs in Spain and Germany, but added that he will be fired if he does not improve in his second season in England.
"I am not staying here because I am Pep or what I have done a long time ago, I know what the problem is," he told a news conference. "I am not going to be [wondering] all summer: 'Oh what will happen next season if I don't win some titles.'
"Pressure I had when I arrived in Barcelona, when I had nothing to defend [myself with]. At that club, if in six months you don't win, you are really out, like Barcelona or Bayern Munich, there you have to win by far. If not, they don't give you a second chance.
"Here they gave me a second chance and we will try to do it. In my situation at a big club, I'm sacked, I'm out, sure, definitely. At the clubs I worked at before I am not here, but here we have a second chance and we will try to do it better than this season."
City need four points to be certain of securing a Champions League spot, with the home game against West Brom followed by a trip to Watford on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. He has started running his mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, maybe just covering his back

    ReplyDelete