Thursday, 24 May 2018
Robert De Niro says Donald Trump is banned from Nobu restaurants worldwide
Actor and co-owner of the Nobu restaurant empire, Robert DeNiro, who is a frequent critic of President Trump, says he has banned him from all of his Nobu restaurants all over the world including one in Washington, D.C. The 74-year-old legendary actor revealed this to MailOnline while discussing life as a superstar, restaurateur and hotelier with fellow founders Nobu Matsuhisa and Meir Teper during the launching of the new Nobu Marbella Resort last week.
When asked who his dream dinner guest would be, Robert insisted he would never let Trump into any of the Nobu restaurants.
According to him: 'I don't care what he likes. If he walked into a restaurant I was in - I'd walk out.'
But the restaurant chain’s chef and co-owner, Nobu Matsuhisa, told the Daily Mail he’d rather see the president, 71, and the screen legend dine together
“It’s my dream for Trump to sit next to Bob,” Matsuhisa told the Daily Mail. “To make them sushi!”
De Niro has frequently spoken out against Trump in the past. In January, the actor called him a "f***ing fool, " and in March, DeNiro called the president an “idiot” who “lacks any sense of humanity or compassion.”