Wednesday 8 February 2017

Mother-of-three is rushed to A&E after a 'botched' at-home filler treatment leaves her with lips like 'raw sausages


A mother-of-three described how she was taken to A&E after fillers left her lips looking like 'raw sausages tied together on her face'. Leona Omalley, 24, paid a beautician £180 to come to her home in Wigan, Greater Manchester, and inject her lips in the hope of improving her pout. But her lips started stinging and eventually became so sore she had to phone an ambulance. Miss Omalley said: 'I looked like Pete Burns. It looked like there were two raw sausages tied together on my face.' She added: 'I've never experienced anything like it. I thought I was stuck like that. She’d messed my whole face up.'
The mother-of-three had undergone lip fillers before but had never tried the at-home treatment. She paid for one session, believing the service looked 'professional'.



ut she claimed the woman had poor hygiene and did not wear gloves or carry the needles in a sterile case. She also said she did not fully explain the consent form.
Leona said: 'She knelt down at the side of me and injected me from one angle on the left-hand side. She stabbed into my mouth all in one shot. It was over in two seconds, I've never experienced pain like it. My mouth and lips were pumping out blood and I was panicking, I was told "don't worry it's normal for it to do that", and then she left.' Miss Omalley said she was left in pain following the treatment. Hospital medics prescribed steroids which reduced the swelling but Miss Omalley insisted her lips have not yet returned to their normal size. Leona is now urging women to fully research before undergoing the needle. Harley Street cosmetic doctor Dr Dan Dhunna said: 'Cheap is not chic. You don't search for fillers like you would a bargain in the sales.

Source: DailyMail

3 comments: