|Ronaldo won the 'Man of the match' after their CL win|
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored in three different Champions League finals (2017, 2014 and 2008), more than any other player.
- Ronaldo scored his 600th goal in all competitions for club and country.
- Mario Mandzukic (Bayern Munich, Juventus) became the third player to score in a European Cup/Champions League final for two different teams after Velibor Vasovic (Partizan Belgrade, Ajax) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid).
- Real are the first team in the Champions League era to retain the trophy.
- Juan Cuadrado became the third player to be sent off in a Champions League final, after Jens Lehmann (2006) and Didier Drogba (2008).
- Zinedine Zidane is the first manager to win back-to-back European Cup/Champions League trophies since Arrigo Sacchi with AC Milan (1989, 1990).
- Real have won their last six European Cup finals, last losing one in 1981 versus Liverpool.
- Real became the first team in Champions League history to score 500+ goals (503 goals total).
- Gianluigi Buffon was the third oldest player to feature in a European Cup final at 39 years and 126 days old.