Wednesday 28 March 2018

Radio host quits live on air after her coworkers ambushed her by bringing a nanny who the host refused to hire for being too pretty


A Washington DC area radio host quit her job, live on air, after her co-hosts blindsided her by inviting on their show a model the host refused to hire as a nanny for her children. Danni Starr, who is one of the three hosts of WKYS popular morning show 'The Fam in the Morning', was looking for a nanny for her 2 kids when a model sent her a DM saying she wanted the job. Danni refused to hire the model because she was too pretty.
The OAP said she has had many bad experiences in the past with pretty babysitters. She has also been open about how her husband cheated with a stripper and how her father had an affair with a babysitter and had another child by the nanny.


But her co-hosts, DJ Quick Silva and DJ 5'9,  went behind her and found the model then, on the morning of March 8, they brought her on-air without Danny's knowledge to discuss the "discrimination" of not hiring a pretty girl. The model then proceeded to slam Danni live on air for refusing to give her the job. She claimed that Danni was "jealous" and "insecure" of "pretty girls". Danni was there and had to sit through listening to the girl bash her while her co-hosts agreed with the girl and supported the criticisms. This angered Danni and she fired back. "I'm not even going to address her because this isn't about her. This is about you and you," she told her co-hosts.
Her male co-hosts tried to shut her up but she continued: "On International Women's day I'm gonna ask you to be quiet. This is what is gonna happen. You do not ambush your co-host. You do not do that, because, one thing, I am not insecure, okay? I have been cheated on. I have been very open and vocal about my stuff but I get to decide what happens in my household, okay?
"My daddy slept with the babysitter so I know my situation. You're beautiful, and that's great. You can be your model, singer, do all that stuff but you are not... I get to pick who is around my children and who is around my man and no, you will not be."


In anger, Danni quit her job live on air on Thursday morning, saying: "Y'all ain't nothing and on my life this will be my last day working with y'all."
A lot of people thought she was bluffing but she went on Twitter almost immediately to share that she was in search of a job.
"Hi. My name is Danni, I have two beautiful little girls. I need a job. I work hard, I’m passionate and I know what I bring and I know my worth! Any takers?" the host tweeted on Thursday after the tumultuous incident. 
The incident has now led to a debate about whether Danni was right to refuse to hire someone based on her looks, and whether the co-hosts were right to go about it the way they did.




No comments:

Post a Comment