Sunday 10 June 2018

Lottery winner hides her identity by wearing mask to collect her $180,900,000 prize


A woman who won 180 million Jamaican dollars wore a winking emoji mask when she claimed her prize. The woman identified as N.Gray wore the emoji mask in response to violent crime in Jamaica. She won the $180,900,000 prize from the Supreme Ventures Super Lotto draw and plans to fix her debt with the money.
    “I am elated because I was drowning in debt.”
    “I started buying Super Lotto in January… Now I’ve won, I want to clear my debt, invest, and I want to do some travelling.




Assistant Vice President Simone Clarke-Cooper explained to the Jamaican Star that previous lottery winners wore disguises to protect their identities.
    “In other markets, they don’t necessarily do it, but here I think they opt to do it to keep themselves safe. We are not going to tell them not to do that because their safety is of paramount importance to us as well. People have been coming with their own disguises.”
She added that the disguises have become more creative over the years.
In addition, N.Gray wants to give back to the community by building youth centers that focus on technology.
    “I would like to construct a community centre for the youths in my community, so they can engage in something productive – somewhere where they can do information technology.”

No comments:

Post a Comment