Monday 28 January 2019

Meet two cats who live alone in a Silicon Valley apartment rented for $1,500 per month


Two cats have been called the most pampered cats after it was revealed that they are staying alone in a Silicon Valley studio apartment that costs $1,500 per month. A Silicon Valley man is paying $1,500 a month to house his daughter's two cats in a studio, while she is away at college. Louise and Tina live alone in the studio apartment located behind a single family home in Willow Glen. The unusual cats enjoy lounging around the cat tree.
According to landlord David Callisch, the cats mind themselves, they don’t complain, and the $1,500/month rent for their apartment comes on time.
David Callisch said:
It’s quirky isn’t it? I never planned for this to happen.
People love their pets, they’re part of their family, so I wanted to help out my buddy.
 He rented the house to his friend, Victoria Amith’s father. Victoria Amith is a freshman at Azusa Pacific University in Southern California, and she couldn’t take Louise and Tina with her to the dorms when she started school.
Her father lives in the Bay Area, but when his fiance’s dog and the cats didn’t get along, he decided to get a place for the cats.
Callisch explained:
He says, ‘Hey, would you mind if I–how about if I rented your place?'.
I said, ‘Well, what do you mean?’ He says, ‘Well, you wouldn’t have to deal with people all the time if you rented it, and I could stick the cats there. I’m close, I could come visit.’
I said, ‘Really?'



The studio apartment comes with a bathroom and shower as well as an Apple TV, but it doesn’t have a kitchen.
The cats have stayed in the studio since July. Callisch feeds the cats everyday and Amith visits when she has breaks from school.
Victoria Amith says it’s a temporary solution until she gets her own place after the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment