Thursday 27 June 2019

Mary J. Blige is honored with the BET Lifetime Achievement Award


Legendary American singer, Mary J. Blige, 48, was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2019 BET Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday. The singer took the stage at the Microsoft Theater in downtown Los Angeles to accept her honor, before returning back to perform some of her hit songs.
Mary J. Blige was presented with the award by pop star Rihanna, 31, who  thanked her for 'setting the bar' and 'for being you.'
Mary J. Blige, you have set the bar for relatable, timeless, classic music. You opened multiple doors for female artists in this industry,' she began, according to BET.
And on behalf of all the women who came after you like myself, thank you for being you so we could feel comfortable being ourselves.'


'Thank you for pouring your soul into every track and for giving us a song for every feeling. Thank you for showing us that love is all that we need. But we didn't know how much we actually needed you.'
During her acceptance speech, Mary said:
'Although I'm a leader, a queen, a living legend... Although I'm all these things, I'm a servant as well and I'm here to serve,' she began, according to ET.
 'Being a servant is not always glamorous or popular, but it's the job and the assignment that I was given. Because in order to become an authority, I had to come under authority. It's because, when the glory is placed on me, I give it back to God.'

No comments:

Post a Comment